Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolute

I'm a sucker for January 1 and the possibility for new year's resolutions. Many people (rightfully so) argue that you shouldn't need a new year to embrace change, but if you're like me, you sometimes need a reminder that it's time to reflect and reprioritize. Here are my 2014 resolutions, in no particular order:


Get organized: When we moved into our a house a little over a year ago, Christmas and our wedding were quickly approaching, so Andy and I mostly shoved unnecessary items into random closets. Let's fix that.

Get cultured: Every time I see a great film, read a great book, or actually cook a meal from a cookbook (and not from the back of a box of instant mashed potatoes), I always catch myself saying, "I should do this more often!" Here's to putting my money where my mouth is.

Get healthy: Eat better, exercise more, get on a regular sleeping schedule. It's pretty simple. I don't know why I make it so hard for myself.

Get goin': This resolution will definitely be the most challenging, but it has the potential to be the most rewarding, too. I am  terrible at waking up in the morning, but on the rare occasions that I do get out of bed and start the day early, I have noticed that I am far more productive, and actually make better, healthier choices throughout the day.

What are you resolving to do differently this year, friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment