Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Functional Fall


From top to bottom: H&M top, Topshop necklace, Essie nail polish in "No More Film," 

September is almost here, and with that comes the requisite back-to-school shopping. Even though I haven't been a "student" in any kind of capacity for years, I still do my part for the U.S. economy by hitting the stores with my wish list. You're welcome, America.

Fall is by far my favorite time of year, and when it comes to embracing a new season's fashion, I am drawn to color more than patterns or silhouettes.  I love this season's new take on army green, a more muted, mossy hue (Pantone's fall report calls it Deep Lichen Green). Paired with a couple of leathery chocolate brown accessories (again, Pantone calls this color Carafe) and a pop of deep purple (Pantone lingo: Acai), it's a subtle take on a very current palette.

What are you planning to pick up while you shop for fall? And, can I borrow it?

No comments:

Post a Comment