Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The January To-Do List


Oftentimes, I like to think about things I want to accomplish in the time frame of a month. To me, a month seems long enough to meet my goals, but not too long that I’ll forget. Plus, I like to make sure I’m throwing in some just-for-fun stuff, along with the to-dos I consider necessary. I keep a little notebook in my purse and make my monthly lists as I think of them. Here’s my January list:

1)      Decide on the nursery theme.

I got so hung up on the paint colors for the nursery that I became blinded to any other aspect of decorating for it. I want to have the theme (including the crib sheets, curtains, and wall art) identified by the end of the month. If you have any ideas, send them my way! Our nursery colors are orange (light, like an orange sherbet) and light gray.

2)      View the “Producing Gone with the Wind” exhibit at the Harry Ransom Center.

The Harry Ransom Center is an amazing research library on The University of Texas campus, and I am consistently in awe of the exhibitions they create. They have a ton of documents and artifacts from the production of one of my favorite movies, so adding this to my “to-do list” is a bit like adding a reminder to eat a cookie. It’s a no-brainer.

[Image source: hrc.utexas.edu]


3)      Finish the following books: Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman, The Remedy for Love by Bill Roorbach, and Wild by Cheryl Strayed

I started three books in 2014 that I haven’t finished. … OK, to be honest, I started Bringing Up Bebe about a month after I got pregnant, and I still have about a fourth of the book to go. I don’t really have an excuse for why. … I guess all the morning sickness and gaining weight has really cut into my reading time.  

[Image source: amazon.com]


4)      See the following movies: Wild and Into the Woods

Ideally, I will have read Wild (by Cheryl Strayed) before seeing the movie, but considering I’m about 10 percent through the book and I have tickets for the movie on Wednesday night, I think that’s wishful thinking.

[Image source: imdb.com]


5)      Cook at least two new recipes for dinner.

For 14 weeks, I had this awesome legitimate excuse for not cooking elaborate meals: nausea. But my nausea ended almost ten weeks ago. So… [crickets]

What’s on your to-do list this month?

2 comments:

  1. I should totally be doing this. My current list includes: Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. Looks like I need to expand a little upon that! I do want to see that exhibit though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking water is a great goal, especially with how dry it's been lately and how many allergens are swarming around! Thanks for sharing, Jeanine!

    ReplyDelete