Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Winter 10x10 Challenge... Halfway Done!

After the first five days of my #winter10X10 challenge (read more about it here) – which, I admit starting two days late due to a terrible allergy attack – I have a few thoughts about the experience:

1) If you think about it, 10 items to wear is A LOT. If you have three tops and three pants, you theoretically already have nine outfits at your disposal!

2) While I have not done come up with an outfit that I would consider terribly creative – not yet, anyway – I at least really like the combinations I’ve built so far. All of them are worthy of repeating, even after the challenge is up. I especially like that I included white jeans in the mix, because I think they are an underrated winter clothing item that I would typically dismiss.

3) I’m slightly worried that I didn’t give myself the ability to do a ton of layering. These five days have been relatively easy to create, but I’m worried I’ve burned through the best combinations. We’ll see how next week goes.

Apologies for the poor iPhone photos. I can only blame laziness. What's really sad is that these are done WITH some enhancements to spruce things up. Yikes. Yes, I really am that pale.

Scroll down for outfit details and links to items that are still available.



Day 1
Camel Sleeveless Cardigan
J.Crew Factory (Faux) Calf-Hair Pointed-Toe Mules

Day 2
Laila Jayde Burgundy Dolman-Sleeve Top (via Stitch Fix)
Just Black White Jeans (via Stitch Fix)
J.Crew Factory (Faux) Calf-Hair Pointed-Toe Mules

Day 3
Market & Spruce Olive Button-Up Back-Split Shirt (via Stitch Fix)
Just Black White Jeans (via Stitch Fix)
J.Crew Factory (Faux) Calf-Hair Pointed-Toe Mules

Day 4
Market & Spruce Olive Button-Up Back-Split Shirt (via Stitch Fix)

Day 5
Laila Jayde Burgundy Dolman-Sleeve Top (via Stitch Fix)
Kut from the Kloth Jean Trousers (via Stitch Fix)

No comments:

Post a Comment